BECOME AN EXPERT RIFLEMAN
Thoroughly revised to conform to today's marksmanship requirements and combat realities, this comprehensive handbook provides the aspiring or seasoned M4, M16 or Armalite series operator with a tremendous resource for getting the best from their rifle or carbine and honing their shooting skills.
Providing all members of the profession of arms with critical information on weapon, optics and ammunition functionality and capabilities, and the functional elements of the shot process, this book is the single most effective and highly-regarded guide to the modern rifle available today. Intended for use on the range, it is also an invaluable reference while deployed.
BUILD RELIABLE COMPETITION AND COMBAT-READY DRILLS, SKILLS & REFLEXES
- Complete and unabridged.
- Full-size edition: LARGE 8.5" x 11" FORMAT: clear, detailed text & illustrations.
- The indispensable manual for service personnel, civilian contractors, law enforcement, competition shooters, hunters, preppers, and more.
- Created and trusted by the United States Army Maneuver Center of Excellence.
- Essential reference for the bookshelf or range bag of any M16, M4 or AR-series rifle operator.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
The Handbook contains:
- WEAPON SAFETY & CONTROL
- RIFLE AND CARBINE PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION: ARMY STANDARD SERVICE RIFLE, UPPER AND LOWER RECEIVERS, CYCLE OF FUNCTION, COOLING
- AIMING DEVICES: UNITS OF ANGULAR MEASUREMENT, OPTICS, THERMAL SIGHTS, POINTERS/ILLUMINATORS/LASERS
- MOUNTABLE EQUIPMENT: ADAPTIVE RAIL SYSTEM, MOUNTABLE WEAPONS, MOUNTABLE AIMING DEVICES, MOUNTABLE ACCESSORIES
- EMPLOYMENT: THE SHOT PROCESS, TARGET ACQUISITION
- STABILITY: SUPPORT, MUSCLE RELAXATION, NATURAL POINT OF AIM, RECOIL MANAGEMENT, SHOOTER-GUN ANGLE, FIELD OF VIEW, CARRY POSITIONS, STABILIZED FIRING, FIRING POSITIONS
- AIM: COMMON ENGAGEMENTS, COMMON AIMING ERRORS, COMPLEX ENGAGEMENTS, TARGET & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- CONTROL: TRIGGER & BREATHING CONTROL, WORKSPACE MANAGEMENT, CALLING THE SHOT, RATE OF FIRE, FOLLOW-THROUGH, MALFUNCTIONS, TRANSITION TO SECONDARY WEAPON
- MOVEMENT: TECHNIQUES, FORWARD, RETROGRADE, LATERAL AND TURNING MOVEMENT
- COMPLEX ENGAGEMENTS
- QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 10-METER BORESIGHT OFFSETS & 25-METER ZERO OFFSETS
Current edition note: this publication supersedes the old FM 3-22.9 and FM 23-9.
Search for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Information purposes only.
Proudly published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.