THE INDISPENSABLE MANUAL FOR PREPPERS, HUNTERS, CAMPERS, OUTDOORSPEOPLE, HIKERS AND MORE - NOW UPDATED AND IMPROVED!
- Created and trusted by U.S. military forces: based on current Army doctrine.
- Extensively remastered and improved by Carlile Media.
- Essential preparedness for every bug-out bag, cabin, RV, aircraft and auto.
- Pocket/travel-size edition means you have it when you need it.
- Robust hardcover edition for ultimate durability in the field.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades: get the print edition!"
For decades the U.S. Army's Field Manual (FM) 21-76 served as the most knowledge-filled and practical guide to surviving and thriving in the wilderness - whether as the result of war, plane crash, shipwreck, societal collapse, or any other personally isolating or massively disruptive event.
That manual is now considered obsolete, several improved iterations having been researched and developed in the meantime. This edition, based on the current Army Training Publication (ATP) 3-50.21, has been thoroughly reedited, reformatted, its illustrations remastered, and improved in every way so that you the reader can have the information you need, clearly and informatively presented even under adverse conditions, with you when you need it. This Carlile Military Library edition therefore represents the ultimate military survival guide available today.
"As a soldier, you can be sent to any area of the world. It may be in a temperate, tropical, arctic, or subarctic region. You expect to have all your personal equipment and your unit members with you wherever you go. However, there is no guarantee it will be so. You could find yourself alone in a remote area - possibly enemy territory - with little or no personal gear. This manual provides information and describes basic techniques that will enable you to survive and return alive should you find yourself in such a situation."
- Personnel Recovery
- Psychology of Survival
- Survival Medicine and Treatment
- Medicinal and Poisonous Plants
- Treating Injuries, Bites and Stings, Poisoning, and More
- Avoiding and Treating Environmental Injuries
- Personal Hygiene and Sanitation
- Finding and Purifying Water
- Survival Food Considerations
- Survival Cooking and Preservation
- Edible Plant Identification and Testing
- Hunting, Killing, Trapping, Preparing and Cooking Animals
- Survival Fire Considerations
- Building Fires
- Fire Starting Techniques
- Shelter and Clothing
- Shelter Construction Methods
- Movement and Navigation
- Water Crossings and Rafts
- Finding North
- Improvised Compasses
- Dead Reckoning
- Terrain Association
- Measuring Distances
- Survival Equipment
- Making Field Expedient Weapons
- Making Cordage and Lashing
- Making Cooking and Eating Utensils
- Survival Knots and Rope
- Glossary, References, and Index
Search for "CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY" to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
For information purposes only. Any action you take is at your own risk.
Proudly published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.