MASTER THE COMBAT PISTOL!
The semi-auto pistol is the Marine's go-to defensive weapon of choice, effective out to fifty meters. This comprehensive Handbook contains the distilled wisdom of Marine Corps instructors & gunfighters over decades, designed & proven to hone a student of any ability into a competition-ready, combat-grade pistol shot on whose skills his comrades may justifiably rely.
This publication supersedes the old (pre-2016) MCRP 3-01B.
- Full-size edition: LARGE 8.5" x 11" FORMAT: clear, detailed text & illustrations.
- COMPLETE & UNABRIDGED
- The indispensable manual for service personnel, civilian contractors, law enforcement, competition shooters, preppers, & more.
- Created & trusted by the United States Marine Corps.
- Essential reference for the bookshelf or range bag of any semi-auto pistol operator or instructor.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
The Handbook covers:
- THE SERVICE PISTOL: CAPABILITIES, NOMENCLATURE, COMPONENTS, SAFETY, CYCLE, AMMUNITION, WEARING & HOLSTERING, MAINTENANCE, SAFETY/FUNCTION CHECKS, USER SERVICEABILITY INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE IN ADVERSE CONDITIONS
- WEAPONS HANDLING: SAFETY, WEAPONS CONDITIONS, WEAPON COMMANDS, LOADING, MAKING-READY, FIRE/CEASE-FIRE, UNLOADING & SHOWING-CLEAR, MAGAZINE FILLING & EMPTYING, RELOADING, MALFUNCTION DRILLS, WEAPONS CARRIES & TRANSPORTS, COMBAT MINDSET
- PISTOL MARKSMANSHIP: AIMING, TRIGGER CONTROL, BREATH CONTROL, APPLICATION OF MARKSMANSHIP FUNDAMENTALS
- PISTOL FIRING POSITIONS & GRIP: MOBILITY & ENEMY OBSERVATION, SIGHT STABILIZATION, TRIGGER CONTROL & RECOIL MANAGEMENT, QUICK DRAW, WEAVER & ISOSCELES STANCES STANDING, KNEELING & PRONE, NATURAL BODY ALIGNMENT
- USE OF COVER & CONCEALMENT: COVER MATERIALS, FIRING FROM COVER, SUPPORTED FIRING, FINDING & ENGAGING ENEMY TARGETS FROM COVER
- PRESENTATION OF THE PISTOL TO TARGET: SIGHT PICTURE, PRESENTATION FROM HOLSTER, KNEELING & PRONE, SEARCH & ASSESSMENT
- ENEMY ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUE: TARGET DETECTION, MOVEMENT, SOUND & IMPROPER CAMOUFLAGE, TECHNIQUES OF FIRE, SINGLE- & DOUBLE-ACTION FIRING, RE-ENGAGEMENT TECHNIQUES, DEFEATING MULTIPLE TARGETS, COMBAT MINDSET, PRIORITIZING TARGETS, ENGAGING MOVING TARGETS, LEADING MOVING TARGETS
- ONE-HANDED TECHNIQUES: PRESENTATION & SHOOTING, RELOADING, STOPPAGE & MALFUNCTION, USING THE WEAK HAND, TRANSFERRING THE PISTOL
- ADVANCED TECHNIQUES: SHOOTING ON THE MOVE, ENGAGING MULTIPLE TARGETS IN DIFFERENT QUADRANTS
- LOW LIGHT TECHNIQUES COMBAT MINDSET, TARGET DETECTION, ILLUMINATION, HUNTING TARGETS AT NIGHT, FLASHLIGHT SHOOTING
Marines must have the versatility, flexibility, & skills to deal with any situation at any level of intensity across the entire range of military operations. Whenever the situation warrants the application of deadly force, a Marine must be able to deliver well-aimed shots to eliminate the threat. To be combat ready, a Marine must be skilled in the tactics, techniques, & procedures of pistol marksmanship & diligent in the proper care & maintenance of the service pistol. This publication provides all Marines with the tactics, techniques, & procedures for range & field firing the M9, 9-mm service pistol.
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Provided for information purposes only.
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.