THE INDISPENSABLE HANDBOOK FOR EVERY DIVER - PART ONE
- Book 1 of 2 (for book 2, search for ISBN 1790332613).
- Current, extensively overhauled edition: Revision 7, Change A (2018).
- Significantly improved, clarified, corrected and optimized from the previous edition.
- The international standard technical diving reference: authoritative, proven procedures.
- Created and trusted by the United States Navy, used by recreational, commercial and military divers around the world.
- Contains Volumes 1 - Diving Principles and Policies, and 2 - Air Diving Operations (SCUBA, surface-supplied, and nitrox).
- Giant, full-size edition: big 8.5"x11" format means crisp, clear print and illustrations. Looks great on any diver's bookshelf!
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
Since the early 1900s the United States Navy has produced the internationally-recognized bible for all recreational, commercial and military divers.
Now with the new Revision 7 (Change A) the Navy has created the ultimate up-to-date reference book for the diver, covering every imaginable aspect of diving instruction and information in nearly 1,000 pages total (presented in two books).
Easy to read, and as accessible to the novice as it is to the expert, the Diving Manual contains an immense, detailed and deep body of knowledge unavailable elsewhere.
The Manual consists of five volumes, spread over two books:
Book 1 contains:
- Volume 1 - Diving Principles and Policies (205 pages, 50 illustrations). History of Diving - Underwater Physics - Underwater Physiology and Diving Disorders - Dive Systems - Dive Program Administration - Safe Diving Distances from Transmitting Sonar - References - Telephone Numbers - List of Acronyms.
- Volume 2 - Air Diving Operations (319 pages, 82 illustrations). Operational Planning and Risk Management - SCUBA Air Diving Operations - Surface Supplied Air Diving Operations - Nitrogen-Oxygen Diving Operations - Ice and Cold Water Diving Operations - Optional Shallow Water Diving Tables - U.S. Navy Dive Computer - Environmental and Operational Hazards - Guidance for U.S. Navy Diving on a Dynamic Positioning Vessel.
Additionally, the publisher has remastered and redrawn illustrations throughout the Manual for clarity and reading enjoyment, as well as adding icons to cautions and warnings for greater visibility.
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Provided for information purposes only.
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.