MASTER THE ART OF LONG-RANGE COMBAT SHOOTING, FROM BEGINNER TO EXPERT SNIPER
- Largest format on Amazon - giant 8.5" x 11"
- Current, 2017 edition
- 200+ PAGES - COMPLETE & UNABRIDGED
- The indispensable manual for service personnel, civilian contractors, law enforcement, competition shooters, hunters, preppers, and more.
- Created and trusted by the United States Marine Corps.
- Essential reference for the bookshelf or range bag of any long-range marksman, particularly the M40 variant / Remington 700 type operator and instructor.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
BUILD YOUR SKILLS WITH THE USMC'S ELITE SCOUT SNIPERS
The Scout Snipers of the United States Marine Corps are among the most respected reconnaissance, surveillance and long-distance rifle specialists in the world. Highly skilled in field craft and marksmanship, the Scount Sniper is able to penetrate the enemy's defenses, provide forward recon and observation, and deliver precision fire on selected high-value targets, without detection or capture.
This Handbook illustrates the proper and effective methods of scout-sniping in offensive combat and defensive force-protection. It also covers selection, training, employment, equipment selection and care.
Containing the distilled wisdom of the USMC's instructors and experts over decades, the Handbook is designed and proven to hone a student of any current ability into a competition-ready, combat-grade precision marksman. Learning long-range shooting need not be difficult, requiring only an understanding of the fundamentals and experience!
Current edition note: this publication supersedes the old MCWP 3-15.3 and FMFM 1-3B.
NOTE: For the current equivalent of FMFM 1-3, Basic Rifle Marksmanship, mentioned in the Foreword, search Amazon for "The Official US Marine Corps Rifle Marksmanship Handbook" (ISBN: 978-1548754495 ).
IMPORTANT: Elements of this current-issue Handbook have been in use by the USMC since the early 1980s (if it ain't broke...) This means parts of the document and its illustrations originated in a pre-digital era, whose print production processes were less precise than today's. Please use Amazon's "Look Inside" feature to know what to expect!
The handbook covers:
- THE SCOUT-SNIPER
- SNIPER EQUIPMENT
- MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING
- FIELD SKILLS (TARGET DETECTION & SELECTION, RANGE ESTIMATION, CAMOUFLAGE, MOVEMENT, POSITION SELECTION)
- SNIPER SKILLS
- SNIPER TACTICAL EMPLOYMENT (OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE)
- PLANNING & PREPARATION OF A SNIPER MISSION
- APPENDIXES (RANGE ESTIMATION TABLES, BASIC SNIPER TRAINING SYLLABUS, MARKSMANSHIP EXERCISES, SNIPER TRAINING EXERCISES, WINDAGE CONVERSION TABLE, BUILDING TERRAIN MODELS, REFERENCES)
Find also on Amazon:
- The Official US Marine Corps Pistol Marksmanship Handbook (ISBN: 1548883468 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Rifle Marksmanship Handbook (ISBN: 1548754498 )
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Provided for information purposes only.
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.