The official USMC Close Quarter Combat handbook.
Current, 2017 edition: REPLACES the obsolete "Close Combat" manuals. All-new photograph illustrations - not the old version with line drawings.
- Operational edition with low-profile, non-reflective cover for use by active service personnel and civilian contractors in the field.
- Full-size format - biggest edition on Amazon: 8.5" x 11" - clear, detailed print, no more tiny text!
- Complete & unabridged: 270+ pages
- Created and trusted by the US Marine Corps - the tip of the spear in power projection around the world.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
The focus of Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) is the personal development of each Marine in a team framework using a standardized, trainable, and sustainable close combat fighting system. As a weapon-based system, all techniques are integrated with equipment, physical challenges, and tactics found on the modern battlefield. The MCMAP is designed to increase the warfighting capabilities of individual Marines and units, enhance Marines’ self-confidence and esprit de corps, and foster the warrior ethos in all Marines. The MCMAP is a weapon-based system rooted in the credo that every Marine is a rifleman and will engage the aggressor from 500 meters to close quarter combat. The MCMAP:
- Enhances the Marine Corps’ capabilities as an elite fighting force.
- Provides basic combative skills for all Marines.
- Applies across the spectrum of violence.
- Strengthens the Marine Corps warrior ethos.
The motto of MCMAP best states the essence of the program: “One mind, any weapon.” This means that every Marine is always armed even without a weapon. He is armed with a combat mindset, the ability to assess and to act, and the knowledge that all Marines can rely on one another.
The Marine Corps was born during the battles that created this country. Drawing upon the experiences of the first Marines, we have developed a martial culture unrivaled in the world today. This legacy includes not only our fighting prowess but also the character and soul of what makes us unique as Marines.
ONE MIND, ANY WEAPON
- MCMAP FUNDAMENTALS
- BAYONET TECHNIQUES
- UPPER BODY STRIKES
- LOWER BODY STRIKES
- COUNTERS TO STRIKES
- COUNTERS TO CHOKES AND HOLDS
- UNARMED MANIPULATION
- ARMED MANIPULATION
- KNIFE FIGHTING
- WEAPONS OF OPPORTUNITY
- GROUND FIGHTING
- GROUND CHOKES
- REAP THROWS
- UNARMED VS HANDHELD WEAPONS
- FIREARM RETENTION
- FIREARM DISARMAMENT
- NECK CRANKS
- COUNTER-PISTOL TECHNIQUES
- IMPROVISED WEAPONS
- TRAINING SAFETY
This publication supersedes MCRP 3-02B, Marine Corps Martial Arts (formerly Close Combat), dated 18 February 1999.
Techniques described in this manual can cause serious injury or death. Practical application in the training of these techniques must be conducted in strict adherence with training procedures outlined in this manual as well as by conducting a thorough operational risk assessment for all training. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.