MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH
- Updated, current 2017 edition - the indispensable field manual for preppers, hunters, campers, outdoorspeople, and more.
- FULL-SIZE FORMAT - **biggest edition available anywhere**: giant 8.5" x 11" size means large, clear print and pictures.
- Created and trusted by U.S. forces to educate military personnel and save lives from traumatic injury under the most adverse emergency conditions.
- ESSENTIAL PREPAREDNESS for every home, business, bag, cabin, RV, aircraft and auto!
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
IMPORTANT: unlike most other editions available, this is NOT the basic, outdated FM 21-11: this is the completely-overhauled TC 4-02.1, in a large-size 8.5" x 11" format - COMPLETE AND UNABRIDGED.
This edition supersedes the old FM 4-25.11 and older FM 21-11.
"The fate of the wounded rests in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing" - Nicholas Senn, 1898 (49th President, American Medical Association)
When disaster strikes and medical personnel are not readily available, it is the knowledge and behavior of the non-medical people present that save lives.
Use this book to teach yourself and those around you both self-aid, and aid to others ("buddy aid").
Above all, this book provides the tools you and your comrades require to promptly and effectively sustain life, and minimize suffering and disability.
This indispensable book is essential preparedness for every home, business and vehicle!
- FUNDAMENTALS OF FIRST AID: TERMINOLOGY - VITAL BODY SYSTEMS - GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF FIRST AID - COMBAT AND OPERATIONAL STRESS REACTION
- EVALUATING CASUALTIES
- OPENING THE AIRWAY
- AIRWAY OBSTRUCTIONS
- FIRST AID FOR AN OPEN CHEST WOUND
- FIRST AID FOR A BLEEDING EXTREMITY
- FIRST AID FOR BURNS
- PREVENTING & CONTROLING SHOCK
- FIRST AID FOR NERVE AGENT INJUDY
- FIRST AID FOR BITES AND STINGS
- FIRST AID FOR HEAT ILLNESS
- FIRST AID FOR COLD INJURY
- RIGID SPLINTS
- RESCUE BREATHING
- EXTERNAL CHEST COMPRESSIONS
- HEAD INJURIES
- ABDOMINAL INJURIES
- IMPALEMENT INJURIES
- USE OF ELASTIC BANDAGES
- USE OF SLINGS AND SWATHES
- TREATING A CASUALTY FOR SNAKEBITE
- TREATMENT FOR ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK
- TRANSPORTING CASUALTIES
- FIRST AID FOR LACERATIONS OF THE EYELID
- FIRST AID FOR FOREIGN BODIES ON THE EYE
- FIRST AID FOR EXTRUSIONS OF THE EYE
- FIRST AID FOR CHEMICAL BURNS OF THE EYE
- IMPROVED FIRST AID KIT
- GLOSSARY, REFERENCES, INDEX
Please note: this publication replaces the older FM 4-25.11 / MCRP 3-02G, and provides readers with a more condensed First Aid manual that they can read more quickly and store anywhere, due to its lower page count and condensed nature. However, the older manual is still in use in some quarters and if you prefer a larger First Aid manual, please search for ISBN 197460599X, "The Official US Marine Corps First Aid Handbook" and decide which is appropriate for your needs. Thank you.
Search for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.
Information purposes only.
Note: Second Edition