THE CLASSIC WORK OF MODERN AMERICAN MILITARY STRATEGY & PHILOSOPHY
- FULL-SIZE FORMAT - **biggest edition available anywhere**: giant 8.5" x 11" size means large, clear print.
- Current 2017 edition
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
Not only for Marine officers and enlisted personnel, Warfighting is a classic text on the level of Sun Tzu and Clausewitz: a must-read for anyone engaged in any competitive activity - whether business, sport, law enforcement or any avenue of human endeavor where meeting your goals, defeating the opposition, and emerging victorious are primary concerns.
The USMC’s capstone publication, Warfighting is incisive, concise, and designed to be easily read cover-to-cover. It is intended to provide the reader, whether military or civilian, with a crystal-clear grasp of the nature of human conflict and the tools with which to fight, overcome and triumph against the odds.
Warfighting is not just a manual, it contains a tried and proven philosophy of action that dictates the warrior's every choice and deed in war, in crisis, and in peace.
"The best single-volume introduction to the art and science of warfare this reviewer has ever had the pleasure of reading." - defenceWEB
Very simply, this publication describes the philosophy which distinguishes the U.S. Marine Corps. The thoughts contained here are not merely guidance for action in combat but a way of thinking. This publication provides the authoritative basis for how we fight and how we prepare to fight.
Warfighting is not meant as a reference manual; it is designed to be read from cover to cover. Experience has shown that the warfighting philosophy described on these pages applies far beyond the officer corps. I expect all Marines — enlisted and commissioned — to read this book, understand it, and act upon it.
C. C. KRULAK - General, U.S. Marine Corps, Commandant of the Marine Corps
- THE NATURE OF WAR: WAR DEFINED - FRICTION - UNCERTAINTY - FLUIDITY - DISORDER - COMPLEXITY - THE HUMAN DIMENSION - VIOLENCE & DANGER - PHYSICAL, MORAL, & MENTAL FORCES - THE EVOLUTION OF WAR - THE SCIENCE, ART & DYNAMIC OF WAR
- THE THEORY OF WAR: WAR AS AN ACT OF POLICY - MEANS IN WAR - THE SPECTRUM OF CONFLICT - LEVELS OF WAR - INITIATIVE & RESPONSE - STYLES OF WARFARE - COMBAT POWER - SPEED & FOCUS - SURPRISE & BOLDNESS - CENTERS OF GRAVITY & CRITICAL VULNERABILITIES - CREATING & EXPLOITING OPPORTUNITY
- PREPARING FOR WAR: FORCE PLANNING - ORGANIZATION - DOCTRINE - PROFESSIONALISM - TRAINING - EDUCATION - PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT - EQUIPPING
- THE CONDUCT OF WAR: THE CHALLENGE - MANEUVER WARFARE - ORIENTING ON THE ENEMY - PHILOSOPHY OF COMMAND - SHAPING THE ACTION - DECISIONMAKING - MISSION TACTICS - COMMANDER'S INTENT
Find also on Amazon:
- The Official US Marine Corps Operations Handbook (MCDP 1-0) (COMING SOON)
- The Official US Marine Corps Strategy Handbook (MCDP 1-1) (COMING SOON)
- The Official US Marine Corps Campaigning Handbook (MCDP 1-2) (COMING SOON)
- The Official US Marine Corps Tactics Handbook (MCDP 1-3) (COMING SOON)
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.
Provided for information purposes only.