Make the Difference Between Life and Death
- FULL-SIZE FORMAT - **biggest edition available anywhere**: giant 8.5" x 11" size means large, clear print and pictures.
- Created and trusted by U.S. forces to save lives from traumatic injury under the most adverse emergency conditions.
- Complete & Unabridged USMC medical manual.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
"The fate of the wounded rests in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing" - Nicholas Senn, 1898 (49th President, American Medical Assn.)
When disaster strikes and medical personnel are not readily available, it is the knowledge and behavior of the non-medical people present that save lives. Use this book to learn both self-aid, and aid to others ("buddy aid"). Foremost, it provides the tools you and your comrades require to promptly and effectively sustain life, and minimize suffering and disability.
Covering topics not found in civilian guides including nuclear, biological and chemical situations and first aid for psychological reactions to stress and trauma, this indispensable book is essential preparedness for every home, business and vehicle.
This edition supersedes the old FM 21-11.
FIRST AID INCLUDES:
- BASICS OF FIRST AID: TERMINOLOGY - HOW THE HUMAN BODY WORKS - ADVERSE CONDITIONS - FIRST AID BASICS - CASUALTY EVALUATION
- BASIC MEASURES FOR FIRST AID 1: AIRWAY OPENING & OBSTRUCTIONS - BREATHING RESTORATION - CASUALTY ASSESSMENT & POSITIONING - UNCONSCIOUS / NON-BREATHING CASUALTIES - RESCUE BREATHING / ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION - MOUTH-TO-MOUTH / NOSE - HEARTBEAT
- BASIC MEASURES 2: STOPPING BLEEDING & WOUND PROTECTION - CLOTHING - ENTRANCE / EXIT WOUNDS - FIELD DRESSINGS - PRESSURE APPLICATION - TOURNIQUETS
- BASIC MEASURES 3: IDENTIFYING SHOCK - SHOCK CAUSES & EFFECTS - SHOCK SIGNS & SYMPTOMS - FIRST AID FOR SHOCK
- SPECIFIC INJURIES: HEAD, NECK & FACIAL - CHEST - ABDOMINAL - BURN INJURIES - DRESSINGS & BANDAGES; SHOULDER, ELBOW, HAND, LEG, KNEE, FOOT
- FRACTURES: SIGNS & SYMPTOMS - IMMOBILIZING - SPLINTS, PADDING, BANDAGES, SLINGS & SWATHES - SPLINTING SUSPECTED FRACTURES - DIFFERENT KINDS OF FRACTURES
- CLIMATIC INJURIES: HEAT INJURIES - COLD INJURIES
- BITES & STINGS: SNAKES & SNAKEBITES - HUMAN & ANIMAL BITES - MARINE (SEA) ANIMALS - INSECT (ARTHROPOD) BITES & STINGS
- NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL OR CHEMICAL (NBC) FIRST AID: CLASSIFICATION OF CHEM / BIO AGENTS - MASKING - RESPONDING TO CHEMICAL ATTACK - NERVE AGENTS - SYMPTOMS OF NERVE AGENT POISONING - FIRST AID FOR NERVE AGENT POISONING - BLISTER AGENTS - CHOKING (LUNG DAMAGING) AGENTS - CYANOGEN (BLOOD) AGENTS - INCAPACITATING AGENTS - INCENDIARIES - TOXINS - NUCLEAR DETONATION
- PSYCHOLOGICAL REACTIONS & FIRST AID
- FIRST AID CASE & KITS, DRESSINGS & BANDAGES
- RESCUE & TRANSPORTATION: PLANNING, HANDLING & MEDEVAC
- GLOSSARY, REFERENCES, & INDEX
Please note: this publication (MCRP 3-02G / FM 4-25.11) has been replaced in some uses by TC 4-02.1. However, many individuals and units prefer to retain this version as it is a full, profusely illustrated medical first responder's handbook, whereas TC 4-02.1 is designed to cover similar ground without illustrations and in less detail, to occupy less space. If you would like to compare the two and decide which is appropriate for your needs, please search for ISBN 197462837X, "The Official US Army First Aid Guide". Thank you.
Search for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.
Information purposes only.