KNOW HOW THE WORLD'S MOST EFFECTIVE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE REALLY WORKS, FIGHTS AND WINS!
- FULL-SIZE FORMAT - biggest edition on Amazon: giant 8.5" x 11" size - clear, detailed print, large margins for notes.
- Current 2017 edition, Complete & Unabridged.
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
Operations provides a complete insight into how the U.S. Marines' warfighting philosophy translates into real action, describing how Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) elements are employed in a wide range of global crisis-response missions.
Created by the USMC's finest strategic minds, tried and tested by real-world battle, Operations is also an incredibly valuable text for anyone who wishes to learn how to plan, deploy assets, run operations, and achieve success through the exercise of superior organizational ability, expedient decision-making, and the selective application of force.
This current edition supersedes the pre-2011 version.
- THE MARINE CORPS IN NATIONAL DEFENSE
- MARINE CORPS FORCES AND EXPEDITIONARY OPERATIONS
- CONDUCTING EXPEDITIONARY OPERATIONS
- MILITARY ENGAGEMENT, SECURITY COOPERATION AND DETERRENCE
- CRISIS RESPONSE AND LIMITED CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS
- MAJOR OPERATIONS AND CAMPAIGNS
- COUNTERINSURGENCY OPERATIONS
- DEFENSIVE OPERATIONS
- OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS
- OTHER TACTICAL OPERATIONS
- RECONNAISSANCE AND SECURITY OPERATIONS
- STABILITY OPERATIONS
- SUSTAINMENT OPERATIONS
FROM THE FOREWORD:
Developed just prior to the momentous events of 11 September 2001, the original edition reflected the language and operational constructs prevalent within joint doctrine at that time. Key among them were the notions of “war” versus “military operations other than war,” as well as the unstated, but imbedded, belief that the ability to defeat a conventional adversary granted the ability to succeed against “lesser” foes.
Since then, Marines have successfully conducted a wide variety of expeditionary missions, including the projection of a landing force from amphibious ships in the Indian Ocean more than 400 miles inland into Afghanistan; a mechanized attack from Kuwait to Baghdad, followed by prolonged counterinsurgency operations to pacify major portions of Iraq; and numerous crisis response operations worldwide.
The diversity of operations, the expanded application of Marine Corps capabilities, and the changing lexicon all illustrate how our collective American understanding of the security era, our national strategy, our organizations, and our employment of military power have evolved during nearly ten years of conflict. Accordingly, this new edition reflects that evolution.
Marine Corps commanders and staffs at all levels should read, study, and be thoroughly conversant with this book. The notion that “words matter,” is embedded throughout this publication, which defines key terms to ensure Marines speak a common operational language.
Find also on Amazon:
- The Official US Marine Corps Warfighting Handbook (MCDP 1) (ISBN: 1973705990 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Strategy Handbook (MCDP 1-1) (ISBN: 1973896001 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Campaigning Handbook (MCDP 1-2) (COMING SOON)
- The Official US Marine Corps Tactics Handbook (MCDP 1-3) (COMING SOON)
Search Amazon for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.
Information purposes only.