DISCOVER THE MARINE CORPS PHILOSOPHY FOR WAGING AND WINNING BATTLES!
- FULL-SIZE FORMAT - **biggest edition available anywhere**: giant 8.5" x 11" size means large, clear print.
- Current 2017 edition, Complete & Unabridged
- "Batteries last hours, books last decades. Get the print edition!"
This book is about winning in combat. Winning requires a thorough understanding and knowledge of tactics. But what is tactics?
Tactics is the art and science of winning engagements and battles. It includes the use of firepower and maneuver, the integration of multiple weapons, and the immediate exploitation of success to defeat the enemy.
This book describes the doctrine and techniques that have made the U.S. Marine Corps one of the most respected and feared military forces in the world - by overwhelming the enemy with the art and science of tactics.
Warriors, warfighters, planners and thinkers will all benefit from Tactics' wisdom, distilled from the bloody lessons of history, modern military science, and the storied past of the Corps.
"There is only one principle of war and that's this. Hit the other fellow, as quick as you can, and as hard as you can, where it hurts him the most, when he ain't looking." - Sir William Slim
- UNDERSTANDING TACTICS: AN ART AND A SCIENCE - THE ENVIRONMENT - HOW WE VIEW COMBAT AND HOW WE FIGHT - MARINE CORPS TACTICS - CONCLUSION
- ACHIEVING A DECISION: ANZIO: A MODEL OF TACTICAL INDECISIVENESS - CANNAE: A CLEAR TACTICAL DECISION ACHIEVED - UNDERSTANDING DECISIVENESS - MILITARY JUDGMENT - UNDERSTANDING THE SITUATION - ACTING DECISIVELY - CONCLUSION
- GAINING ADVANTAGE: COMBINED ARMS - MANEUVER - EXPLOITING THE ENVIRONMENT - TERRAIN - WEATHER - PERIODS OF DARKNESS - COMPLEMENTARY FORCES - SURPRISE - TRAPPING THE ENEMY - DEVELOPING AN AMBUSH MENTALITY - ASYMMETRY - CONCLUSION
- BEING FASTER: SPEED IN COMBAT - WHAT IS SPEED - SPEED AND TIME - TIMING - RELATIVE SPEED - CONTINUING SPEED - SPEED AND CHANGE - BECOMING FASTER - CONCLUSION
- ADAPTING: ANTICIPATION - IMPROVISATION - FLEXIBLE PLANS - DECENTRALIZATION - CONCLUSION
- COOPERATING: CONTROL IN COMBAT - COOPERATION - DISCIPLINE - CONCLUSION
- EXPLOITING SUCCESS AND FINISHING: BUILDING ON ADVANTAGE - CONSOLIDATION, EXPLOITATION AND PURSUIT - FINISHING THE ENEMY - USE OF THE RESERVE IN COMBAT - CONCLUSION
- MAKING IT HAPPEN: DOCTRINE - EDUCATION - TRAINING - TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL METHODS - PROFESSIONAL READING AND HISTORICAL STUDY - TACTICAL EXERCISES - WARGAMING - TERRAIN WALKS - COMPETITION - CRITIQUES - CONCLUSION
- The Official US Marine Corps Warfighting Handbook (MCDP 1) (ISBN: 1973705990 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Operations Handbook (MCDP 1-0) (ISBN: 1973852950 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Strategy Handbook (MCDP 1-1) (ISBN: 1973896001 )
- The Official US Marine Corps Campaigning Handbook (MCDP 1-2) (ISBN: 1974362345 )
Search for 'CARLILE MILITARY LIBRARY' to find more TOP-FLIGHT, SQUARED-AWAY publications for your professional bookshelf!
Published in the U.S.A. by CARLILE MEDIA.
Provided for information purposes only.